Happy 2009 Everyone!
I can't believe another year has come and gone! I swear the years seem to go faster and faster. Of course, it would be nice if grad school time would go as fast as real world time. If I continue with my current dissertation idea, I will be around for another year. Well, we won't think about that right now, I am still on holiday.
Anyway, besides freaking out about the speed of time, I am also thinking about New Year Resolutions. Yea!
Here are my knitting resolutions...
1. Keep my stash, knitting library, and needle collection updated on Ravelry. If I can see what I have, I am less likely to overbuy.
2. Only buy yarn with projects in mind (sock yarn doesn't count here).
3. Do the "finishing" part of a project within 2 months of the knitting. I have an entire bag of FOs that need ends weaved in.
4. Try 4 new techniques, maybe fair isle, intarsia, knitting socks on one/two circular needles, and knitting cables without cable needles.
5. Knit from 4 knitting books I own from which I have yet to knit.
6. Work on Level 1 of the Master's Knitting Program from TKGA, which I bought I at the beginning of LAST year.
I also have a knitting challenge! I decided to take on a challenge from one of the stash groups I am in on Ravelry. I pledged to knit 52 objects in 2009. Now these projects are probably going to be washcloths, but that is okay (I have a lot of cotton yarn). The primary objective is to knit from the stash.
This seems doable, right? ;) Yeah, it is a bit much, but as long as I keep knitting and have fun, I don't care how many resolutions I keep.